Tuesday 8 January 2013

Progress Log, Week 1. The cold light of day

I don't know whether it's a widely appreciated phenomenon, but there seems to be a direct correlation between festive indulgence and weight gain. As a consequence of much eating and drinking over Christmas and the New Year, combined with no exercise, the statistics were sobering:

01/01/2013
0 hr 0 min cycling
0 miles
My weight: 191.3lb

So it's back to the plan. At least 6 hours of cycling a week, three meals a day and nothing else, alcohol no more than twice a week. It didn't quite work out that way, what with a couple of New Year social events, but there has been some progress:

08/01/2013
6hr 14min cycling
83.2 miles
My weight: 188.1lb.
27.1lb to go. My weight goal is 160.9lb

Just to keep up the momentum, I've signed up to the Strava cycling 'Base Mile Blast' to encourage me to get out on the bike. My aim is to crack the five hundred mike mark for the month.

No comments:

Post a Comment