Tuesday 5 February 2013

Progress Log, Week 5: Here we go...

Here are the statistics for week 5:

05/02/2013
8hr 19min cycling
123.8  miles
My weight: 184.1lb
Weekly weight loss/gain: -2.6 lb
23.2 lb to go. My weight goal is 160.9 lb

I'm pleased to see some weight loss at last, and the process is delivering the faintest glimmer of the expected fitness benefits. My average speed is still pretty low, but going out for 35 miles doesn't kill me any more. I'm having a go at a couple of local 'sportive' rides over the next couple of weeks, in the 45-50 mile range, something that I would have struggled with at the end of last year, so I'll be interested to see how it goes.

As mentioned in earlier posts, I participated in the Strava Cycling Base Mile Blast, with the aim of cycling 500 miles and in the end managed to cover 602. The only reward is a little coloured virtual badge, acknowledging each 200 mile covered, but the lure of getting the 600 miler encouraged me not to stop once the original goal had been reached. Little things!



No comments:

Post a Comment